maandag 26 mei 2014

Cycling Weekly - Moors and Shores Adventure X Massif preparation


So, just 3 weeks of preparation to go before the Moors and Shores Adventure X massive will be upon me. The wife and I will cross the Canal on Thursday the 12th of June, so it will be less than 3 weeks of prepping… I’m being Crit racing from the end of March, but not on my CX bike obliviously. My CX bike is been out of work since late February. The races I ride are 40KM something long, a totally different thing from the 60 miles distant the Massive promises. Off Road that is. Another sign that there’s work to be done here.

But the Crit’s are calling to me. I like them too much to abandon the high speed and get the off road miles in. And Dutch off road miles are very different in comparison to the Moors and Shores ones. I found that out the hard way, riding/walking the 3 Peaks Cyclo Cross Race in 2011!

So, with just 3 weeks to go, I ordered some nice Schwalbe CX Comp tyres and pray for hard packed surfaces. It will help me on the hard surfaces a bit better than the full nobbies ones. I will pack the nobbies just in case the weather takes a turn for the worse… But speed with the semi-slicks will help me out on the 15th of June or they will be me downfall on the technical sectors. 65 psi or 4 bar sound about right to me, inflation wise. I could be wrong here also, but that can be fixed on the go.

 
Technical Terrain 3 out of 5 on a Cross Bike

Wilderness Riding 3 out of 5


That’s a lot easier than the 5 out of 5 at the Lakeland Monster last year and I did that one with a broken rib. All in all it’s no pick nick in the (North York Moors National) Park and it’s not a race (ahum). The strategy will be: A) with care on the technical sectors, B) steady pace on the hard pack surfaces and C) easy climbing on the hilly parts. I think I will be fine. Next Crit please!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten